- 1 Mar, 2022 - Submission of Proposal
- 18 Mar, 2022 - Acceptance Notification
- 13-17 Jun, 2022 - Tutorial Dates
|Proposals due||March 1, 2022|
|Acceptance Notification||March 18, 2022|
|Tutorials||June 13-17, 2022|
The Organizing Committee for the 32nd International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2022) invites proposals for its Tutorial Program. Tutorials offer the attendees a review of a specific subfield by a leading expert. Participation in the tutorials is free for all ICAPS participants. ICAPS 2022 will be held as a virtual event, June 19-24, 2022.
We welcome proposals in all areas related to AI planning and scheduling (P&S), and highly encourage topics that have not appeared in recent ICAPS tutorials. We accept both introductory tutorials, and more advanced tutorials covering recent advances in depth. We explicitly encourage proposals that address techniques of relevance to planning and scheduling, even if planning and scheduling is not the main focus of the proposed tutorial. Proposals could target, for example,
- relevant techniques in explainable AI for planning and scheduling,
- techniques that combine reinforcement learning and planning,
- planning and plan execution for multi-robot systems,
- relevant techniques in knowledge representation and reasoning,
- a specific application domain in which planning and scheduling problems arise,
- search algorithms or heuristic families.
We encourage tutorials that (i) include a hands-on session that can be completed remotely or asynchronously, allowing participants to experiment with useful tools, or (ii) experiment with algorithmic components, to deepen the participants' understanding of the topic. We especially welcome tutorials that collaborate with a workshop, such that the tutorial provides some introductory material that can be later discussed at the workshop.
Tutorial Submissions should include the tutorial's title, type (advanced or introductory), summary, outline, and expected length (half-day or quarter-day) as well as a short CV of the proposer(s), including a list of significant publications and/or prior tutorial experience. The proposal should not exceed two pages.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted by email, in PDF, to both Tutorial Chairs with subject "Tutorial Proposal for ICAPS-22" no later than March 1st. Organizers of tutorials will be notified by email of the acceptance or rejection of their proposal by March 18th.
Summary of Important Dates
- Submission of proposal: March 1st, 2022.
- Notification of tutorial acceptance: March 18th, 2022.
- Tutorial dates: June 13-17, 2022 (together with Workshops).
Tutorial Program Chairs
- Stephen Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Florian Pommerening (email@example.com)
Please direct all questions about the tutorial program to the tutorial program chairs.