- 18 Apr, 2022 - Submission Deadline
- 24 May, 2022 - Acceptance Notification
- 21-24 Jun, 2022 - Conference Dates
|Submission deadline||April 18, 2022|
|Acceptance notification||May 24, 2022|
|ICAPS conference||June 21-24, 2022|
The program committee of the 32nd International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS) invites submissions of published journal papers to the Journal Presentations Track, initiated in 2014.
The track is designed to provide a forum to discuss important results related to automated planning and scheduling that appeared recently (from January 2021 onwards) in selective journals, but have not been previously presented either at ICAPS or at any other major AI conference (such as IJCAI, AAAI, ECAI).
The goal of this track is twofold:
- To provide authors an opportunity to present at the conference important results published in journals that might otherwise not be submitted to the conference due to their length and complexity. Papers that differ from traditional ICAPS format and topics are welcome.
- To broaden the program with lines of work at the intersection between planning/scheduling and related fields such as for example constraint programming, operations research, control, knowledge representation and reasoning, machine learning, multi-agent systems, robotics, transportation, computer games, and cognitive science. Papers that use planning and scheduling in some innovative way (even if they do not advance the planning technology itself) are welcome.
All accepted journal presentations will be presented orally during the conference – at least one author is expected to register to ICAPS 2022 and to present the paper. Complete citations, abstracts and URLs of the original journal papers (if available from the publisher) will be published on the ICAPS 2022 web site as a permanent reference.
Journal track submissions must meet the following criteria:
Candidate papers must be published in a journal such as (but not limited to) AIJ, JAIR, EJOR, AURO, JAAMAS, KER and other leading journals relevant to each research area from January 2021 until the submission deadline. Papers that are in press may be submitted as long as the final camera-ready version is available. Extensions of papers that have been previously presented at ICAPS or another major AI conference (such as IJCAI, AAAI, ECAI) may be submitted to this track. However, submissions will be reviewed based on the strength of the new content.
All submissions will be done via EasyChair using https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icaps2022. The submission will be in the following format (please include all elements other than the original paper as a zip archive in the supplementary material):
- Title of the original journal paper (to be published on the Web);
- Complete reference of the original paper (to be published on the Web);
- URL where the paper can be downloaded from the publisher if available, or alternatively a preprint (to be published on the Web);
- Abstract of the paper (to be published on the Web);
- An accompanying cover letter containing a brief summary of the key results and contributions. It is crucial to include information about importance of the paper and its contributions for the ICAPS community;
- A copy of the paper with its final camera-ready contents.
Submissions will go through an expedited selection process led by the track chairs. Selection criteria include significance of the results together with the relevance to the planning and scheduling community.
- Submission deadline: April 18, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: May 24, 2022
- ICAPS conference: June 21 - 24, 2022
The reference timezone for all deadlines is UTC-12 (AoE time). That is, as long as there is still some place Anywhere on Earth where the deadline has not yet passed, you are on time.
Journal Presentations Chairs
- Shirin Sohrabi (firstname.lastname@example.org), IBM Research
- Chris Beck (email@example.com), University of Toronto
If you have any inquiries related to the track, please contact the track chairs.